Thursday, December 3, 2009

Death Defiant

 
Should time of my demise be left to choose,
Procrastination be my loyal ruse.
And if the place be left to utter sway,
Then name a place beyond the far away.
And be the method past within my power,
Then lash me to the poison poppy flower.
Today defiance held as my decree,
Tonight I feel he’s coming after me.
I thought I heard a footstep on the path,
A press upon my door by demon’s wrath.
On window near a finger lightly raps,
In corner of the night a black boot taps.
But I’ll sneak out this room before the dawn,
And far into the wood I shall be gone.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy, Marc forwarded me your email with the link to this blog. I am having a great Sunday a.m. reading what you have posted!!! What a talent!!! I certainly feel a connection to you, as I too (though I can't claim this level of talent)love to write...especially poetry. Keep writing and posting...I will be your biggest fan. Your long lost Auntie Alana