Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Path of Least Resistance

If ever there a path be in my life,
cut out to parry every kind of strife,
in earth so deeply carved by demon tools;
one littered with the flinty glint of jewels,
and polished with the easiness of fools,
do prod me climb the grip-less hard-pitched walls.
In guise the path of least resistance calls.
Do prod me hard that I cannot ignore.
If hear you nay, pound hard upon my door.
Leave not, or I shall wallow evermore.
For the trap of least resistance does conspire,
to consume the hoard that sink beneath the mire.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...DOUBLE WOW...This is awesome!
Aunt Alana

Marc said...

Hey Randy,
Just talked to Bonnie and read her your poem.
She said you must get that talent from your Mom's side of the family. :-)
Keep posting...we're reading and enjoying!