Thursday, December 3, 2009

Davenports and Naugahyde

Back when wild naugas were skinned for their colorful hides and made into davenports, and television sets had legs, we all expected to be zipping to work in flying cars by the 21st century. But today, both naugas and davenports are virtually extinct, and evolution has taken the legs from our television sets… I hear our little toes may be next! Well before that happens I have a flat tire to change (my flying car is in the shop.)

...if you're too young to remember davenports or naugahyde maybe you could give this old man a hand with that tire iron.
  

2 comments:

itsmecissy said...

I had a stuffed "Naga. A kind of "Where the Wild Things Are" monster that my Aunt gave me when naugahyde was first developed. Where she got it, I don't remember but I sure wish I still had it today.

Randy Johnson said...

Wow itsmecissy, I'm surprised to find anyone this deep in the notebook! This is "where the wild things are." I apologize for some of the junk you must have endured to make it this far ;)