Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beef Jerky

I’ve been living as a quasi-vegetarian for almost a year now, eating primarily vegetable, fungus, and fish matter with feigned enthusiasm to support my wife’s new “let’s see how old we can grow” healthy lifestyle strategy. Well today I was searching the kitchen cabinet's snack selection of sweet-potato chips, dried fruit chunks, bulk granola, raw almonds, yogurt raisins, etc. when way in the back, behind the natural sea salt chips I spotted a bag of beef jerky ...beef jerky? Wholly smokes! My head went on a swivel to make sure I was alone. My heart started pounding. I suddenly felt flush. "Beef jerky, how long have you been back there little guy?”

Okay, I knew I had to act fast. Luckily we men are always in touch with our lizard brain, and though dormant for much of my adult life I found out today that my primal instincts have remained razor sharp! I immediately remembered being in a similar situation at one other time in my life, and just like that day long ago when I was only twelve years old, I grabbed the dirty magazine, er I mean the beef jerky, and ran to hide it in a place where only I would have access to it, and I’m sure I’ll be going back there often to retrieve it in the coming days. In fact I feel like going back there right now just to look at it.

Umm, let’s just keep this our little secret …okay?

3 comments:

Robert Crane said...

between the mattresses right? i had managed to get my hands on a playboy once and put it between the mattresses for safe keeping until the coast was clear. when i went to retrieveit, it was gone. nowhere to be found. to this day, i have no idea who pilfered it. i mean it only happened three weeks ago but still. nothing.

lightly said...

mr rj

i do not wish to complain but i must complain.

i have had it up to here with the beef jerky, you wanna throw us a bone here.

thank you come again

Newt said...

Randy? Oh, RANDY! Your loyal following misses you. It's half-past September already. Time to fold up the nasty magazines and get back to your keyboard.

Newt