Sunday, May 1, 2011

Of Bottles and Diapers

  
Over the past couple days we’ve been taking care of a 2 month old little girl (the human variety.) Sure people occasionally drop off their dogs, cats and goats at my place, but seldom am I entrusted with a member of a higher species. Wait… before you panic, let me inform you that I did raise a couple kids of my own just a quarter (and change) of a century ago, so as they say it’s just like riding a bike, right?

Wrong! It’s more like riding a unicycle… on a high-wire, while juggling flaming chainsaws (Tickets still available for the midnight, and 4:00am shows.) Well to be honest, my wife is the one doing most the juggling. I’m just standing down here under the net giving her moral support, and assisting with some of the props (oh so many props!) and as I assist (safely out of spit-up range) I’m gaining a new level of respect (and sympathy) for my all grandparenting friends out there who do this sort of thing regularly.

Oh by the way, Mama will be stopping by at 4:00 this afternoon to pick up her adorable little chainsaw.

3 comments:

Pam Beers. said...

We forget how much work a baby can be. Good thing they're so cute or we'd send 'em back.

Randy Johnson said...

Yes, she did have a lot of "cute" going for her.

Newt said...

You'll figure it out in time for the grandchildren. One of the great benefits of grandparenthood, however, is the ability to hand the the LB's ("Little Darlings") back over to the experts when they spit up, or in their later years, throw up.